Our friendly call operators are waiting for your call 24/7 and will be happy to help with any requirements or bookings you may have. Although you can call any of our offices, we do advise you call your local branch for up to date information.
Alco Taxis Rushden (We, us, our, as applicable) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- the Alco Taxis Rushden mobile application software (App) that we make available via certain third party distribution platforms selected by us (App Store), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The information we collect from or about drivers, transport service operators or any other contractors, agents, suppliers and third parties that provide services through the App or Services Site (Service Providers) is not covered by this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Alco Taxis Rushden is a trading name of Take Me (Group) Ltd a company registered in England whose registered company address is 50 Baxter Gate, Loughborough, LE11 1TH.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App or Services Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes personal information and other information you provide when you register to use the Services Site, download or register the App, book a taxi or otherwise use any of the Services, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App or the Services Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit the Services Site or use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content and check ins;
- details of your use of the App or the Services Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology, WiFi, cell phone signals, iBeacons (which use Bluetooth) to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by amending the operating system settings on your Device. We also collect location information that you share with us using the App such as pick-up, drop-off or street addresses that you have bookmarked using the App.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use your information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the Services, including processing your booking requests with Service Providers, processing your payments for those bookings and providing you with customer support.
- to improve the Services we provide to you and the App for example by personalising the Services or making the booking process faster.
- to contact you and to provide information that you request from us, including service related messages (e.g. reminders and messages notifying you when your taxi has arrived).
- to display advertising or to send marketing directly to you in accordance with the law, including ensuring that content is presented as effectively as possible for you and creating reports to assist with future marketing;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the App and the Services Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to enable you to participate in any interactive features of the App and Services when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the App and Services Site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about the App and Services Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it just contains generalised information about the users of the App and Services Site.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your information:
o to third party Service Providers that provide the transportation services you request using the App, including their contractors, so that they can perform those services. This information includes your precise location, name, telephone number and email address.
o to other third party Service Providers that provide certain features and functionality of the App, Services and Services Site, for example payment processing services, mapping and location services and booking platform service providers through which transportation Service Providers administer and manage their bookings.
We may also disclose your information to other third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Alco Taxis Rushden or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- in order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Alco Taxis Rushden, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Services Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services may include social networking or other interactive features. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact information set out in the Contact Us section.
Our Services Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the applications and websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
You may access, view and amend your account information by using the settings feature within the App.